When life gives you lemons you make mother fucking lemonade! Excuse my profound language, but do bear in mind that despite me being a Mormon, my blog is not for the faint-hearted. This week has been incredibly hard for me, I feel like I have been fighting some inner demons; that just won't seem to go away and despite my eagerness to curve these trials in life, I just keep getting smacked right in the face with them; trial after trial after trial.

I'd like to think of myself as a really positive girl who sees the best in life, but I'd be lying to you if I said this was me 100% of the time, I wouldn't say I'm a negative person, but I do tend to override life by seeing the bad before the good. I feel so inadequate, with where I am in life and feel like I  am constantly questioning whether I'm making the right choices. In all honesty, I don't feel any kind of peace with myself. People say that comparison is the biggest killer of self-esteem, and I can testify of that, but it's so hard to avoid when you are constantly having things shoved in your face and people asking you when you're going to achieve these "milestones" that people are always ranting on about.

But like I said when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Work with what you've got and see where it gets you. The wonderful thing about life is that regardless of whether your religious or not, each and every decision you make in life is taken with a leap of faith. We will never know the outcomes of our decisions until we make them. Whether those decisions lead you to success or failure isn't important, because life is about taking that leap of faith and seeing where it takes you. 

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram