So I was recently made redundant from my internship. I know it sucks, and the worst thing is I only had three months left, but you know what I've decided to take this as a blessing more so than a downfall. I came back from holiday and felt an overwhelming amount of sadness, and it wasn't  that holiday blues feeling. I genuinely wasn't looking forward to going back to work. My first day back I told my mom that I needed to look for a new job because I realised that working in such a toxic environment wasn't worth it anymore, and honestly if anything maybe this internship being cut short, was God's way of forcefully making me look for a something new. My experience taught me that no amount of money should take away your dignity. If a job is going to change you let it be of growth and progress. If your boss doesn't value your time, talent or opinion then go find someone that will, and remember to keep the client at the centre of everything. Put in and give them your 100%, and you'll see it benefit you in the long run. Stand up for what you believe, and most importantly your personal well-being should be put at the centre of everything. There's a difference in not wanting to go to work and being sad the weekend is over. I honestly believe that if the thought of going to work seems like a nightmare, then you should find another job. Obviously, this is different for everyone because of circumstances, but you get where I'm going. The motto that I live by is "Do what you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life."

Being made redundant sucks, but you know what I know God has bigger plans for me!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram