Iceland was beautiful and it took the most of my pocket! Your girl is currently living the epitome of living her "best broke life." But hey, that's not what this blog post is about, so sit back enjoy the photos.  Here's how to do Iceland on a budget!
We landed in Iceland at 11:00pm after almost three hours of travelling, we still had an extra two hours in the car. Thank God for Chandler and Nicole, for kindly driving our butts everywhere. I'm forever grateful! Day one of our trip would include the Secret Lagoon and some small hikes. If you're going hiking it's best to carry a small backpack with a first aid kit, a water bottle and some painkillers. For some reason, the elevation was really messing with my head and breathing, luckily for me, I had a little rescue bag that legit saved my life, because your girl was gonna pass out on various occasions. Oh and by the way the closest hospital was six hours away LOL. 
When people say Iceland is expensive, believe them! LOOL Iceland is seriously a place for the rich and famous! if I had not pre-planned to live off cereal bars and various combinations of water, I would've died! Dramatic? YES! But I'm not kidding when I say that if you don't save up for a trip to Iceland, you're screwed. So here's a word of advice, if you're going to Iceland go with a large group of people so you can spread out your expenses and pray you all don't die of hunger, but if you do it alone, please write back to me so I can revise this blogpost.
If you love meat then you're in for a serious shock. Meat is a luxury item here like I don't think any animals other than sheep, lamb and ponies live in Iceland, which explains why beef costs £1000000. I'd recommend going vegan or vegetarian for the duration of your trip; because it's one hundred times cheaper than buying meat. Shop for food that will fill you up and can stretch your energy, so make sure you have your grains your carbs, veggies and of course your cereal bars. Eating out can be pretty expensive, so if you do go out to a restaurant make sure it's worth the coins.
Iceland is famous for things like the Blue Lagoon, and trust me your girl wanted to go, but I was not about to pay the price of my plane ticket to spend only 1hr there on a Sunday. Should I have done it for the IG? Of course! But until the Instagram drops the gram in my bank account, I won't be stunting for social media LOL. My girl Sai came through with the alternative plan and we were heading to the Secret Lagoon, almost the same experience for a fraction of the price. There are so many beautiful free hikes you can see, that won't mean forking out £100s of pounds or have you asking yourself did I really just drop £70 for IG likes? Oh, another thing about Iceland, that I think Y'all should know about, is that petrol is freaking crazy expensive! Basically, like finding a diamond or liquid gold. You'll be in the 100s before you know it. 
You're probably wondering about the abandoned DC plane, right? Your girl was pumped I was ready for my close up and everything, but the weather decided to be hella cranky, Mother Earth was not playing, and to make things worse it was a 4hr hike. We weren't really prepared for it to be honest, and since our time was very limited, we had to question whether making this trip was worth a 1/4 of our day. Another reminder also is that PETROL in Iceland is hella expensive! Overall Iceland was fun, loved the scenery, company and having the opportunity to see more of God's planet! It was nice getting out of London. God is good, life is Gucci and I can't wait for the next adventure!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram