It's okay if you don't know where you're going. None of us do. This is for anyone who had a plan, that isn't going to plan. I'm here to reassure you, that most of the time, things don't go to plan. The biggest lesson I've learned having lived twenty-four years; is that we can plan for the future all we want, but when it comes down to it, the universe or God in my case is the ultimate decider of things.

Trust me. This was a freaking difficult lesson to learn, I mean-I went from wanting to be a lawyer to working in digital marketing. Things change, people, grow, and I'm guessing God wanted me to work in an industry that allowed me more creative freedom.

Lately, I've been wondering why God would put me in certain situations, just to take them away?

The scariest thing about being an adult, is looking at your peers succeed and wondering why you haven't reached that stage in life yet? Why am I not on this salary? Why can't I have those same opportunities and experiences? Again, I can hear my peers at church saying that "comparison is the biggest thief of joy". It's true, but I don't like to think of it like that; when I'm going through a rocky road.

Looks can be deceiving because I couldn't count how many people I've spoken to who are struggling. We live in a society where looking like you have your shit together, is favoured over the deep cries for help. I will remind you again. Most people who look like they've got their shit together, probably don't; and are probably crying for someone to come to their refuge. 

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram